If you’re crazy about rice and want a quality rice cooker that helps you prepare rice exactly the way it should be made, then Zojirushi is the brand to watch.
Based in Japan, this brand produces quality rice cookers that rank in their own class for their phenomenal rice cooking capabilities. They have advanced modern tech plus fancy features that enable them to cook the perfect rice—not undercooked and not overcooked.
In this guide, we’re going to list the best Zojirushi rice cooker models you can find on the market today that will help you make consistently uniform for years and years to come.
Best Zojirushi Rice Cooker Reviews:
1. Zojirushi NS-TSC10 5½-Cup Micom Rice Cooker
This is one of the highly-rated Zojirushi rice cookers. It helps you perfectly cook rice every time, just like the high-quality rice served at restaurants. The device is pretty easy to operate and comes with Zojirushi’s build quality standards.
It has a slightly larger capacity of 5.5 cups, so it will meet your needs if you’re upgrading to a bigger capacity rice cooker.
With a non-stick inner pot that comes out easily, cleaning this rice cooker is a breeze. Even better, its exterior is made of clear-coated stainless steel which makes it easy to clean as well. don’t forget that the power cord is also retractable
You’ll like that the inner pot is marked with water levels for different amounts of uncooked rice to help you use just the right amount of water for quality rice cooking results.
The cooker can hold your prepared rice for later use for an exceptionally long period of time and your rice will still taste like it’s freshly made.
It also comes with two timers which will prove quite useful and convenient for all your cooking needs. For instance, you can set one time for your morning porridge and the other for your evening rice.
The highly versatile cooker offers you menu settings for perfectly cooking various food types including white rice, brown rice, cake baking, and even a steaming menu.
- Up to 5.5-cup uncooked rice capacity
- Automatic keep warm
- Easy-clean clear-coated stainless steel exterior
- Built-in retractable power cord
- Interchangeable melody and beep signal
- 2-setting delay timer
2. Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker
This is another 5.5-cup capacity rice cooker that deserves a mention on the top Zojirushi you can get today. The cooker comes in a sleek, premium white look that’s sure to make eyeballs roll. But it has got more than meets the eye.
It comes equipped with advanced Neuro Fuzzy logic technology. This special technology acts as the cooker’s brain and enables it to think for itself and make fine adjustments to temperature as well as heating time—resulting in perfectly cooked rice every time.
With a capacity of 5.5 cups, you can expect this cooker to make you up to 10 cups of cooked rice—enough serving for a small family. The unit comes with a black, thick spherical pan with stay-cool side handles to offer you even cooking for flawlessly cooked rice. Since the inner lid is easily detachable, cleaning it is a breeze for you.
The Zojirushi is also designed to be highly versatile and offers you an extensive list of menus to pick from. These include regular/sushi, mixed, sweet, porridge, semi-brown, brown, rinse-free, and quick-cooking, and steam function.
A programmable melody or beep audio indicator will show you when a cooking cycle has come to an end. A 2-setting timer function will give you the freedom of deciding when you want your cooker to start preparing your rice.
Additional features you’ll get from this cooker include an extra-large easy to read LCD control panel, built-in retractable power cord, automatic keep warm, extended keep warm, and reheating cycle. A couple of accessories come with this cooker including a spatula, spatula holder, and 2 cups for measuring rice.
- Advanced Neuro Fuzzy logic technology
- 5 ½-cup uncooked rice capacity
- Spherical, non-stick inner pan for uniform heating
- Built-in retractable power cord
- 2-setting programmable delay timer
- Extra-large easy-to-read LCD display
3. Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup (Uncooked) Rice Cooker
If you’re looking for a small rice cooker at a great price, this Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup is a good choice. Featuring a simplistic design, this cooker is incredibly easy to use and will help you quickly but flawlessly cook your favorite rice recipe.
We added this unit in our ultimate Zojirushi rice cooker reviews because it’s made in Japan using the manufacturer’s superior quality standards. This is an assurance that the unit is built to last and will serve you for countless rice recipes.
The small unit has a 3-cup rice capacity and comes in a simplistic style which makes it straightforward to use for everybody. You just put the amount of rice you wish to cook, add water, and then flip the switch. It features a see-through glass lid to help you easily monitor your rice as it cooks without necessarily lifting off the rid.
Cleaning the cooker is super easy for you, thanks to its simple design. The pot is fully removable and has a non-stick surface to make cleaning. You just need soap water and a brush to make it sparkling clean.
Despite the great price point, this cooker also offers you the helpful auto keep warm feature to keep your rice tasting fresh for hours. You’ll also get a handful of accessories at no extra cost, including a non-stick rice spatula, steaming tray, and a rice measuring cup.
If you’re looking for a basic rice cooker that doesn’t cost you a lot of money and produces quality cooked rice, we highly recommend this unit to you. The small capacity makes it ideal for the dorm room or a small family.
- Easy to use single control switch
- Automatic keep-warm function
- See-through glass lid with stay-cool knob
- Stay-cool handles for easy transport
- Durable nonstick inner cooking pan
4. Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom Rice Cooker
Quality rice calls for a quality rice cooker like this Zojirushi NS-LGC05XB Micom. This is also a compact unit made with small families or couples in mind. It will let you cook as little as ½ a cup of rice or oats as per your needs.
We liked that this rice cooker comes integrated with the special fuzzy logic technology to help you prepare quality rice every time. It also boasts a triple heater system (side, bottom, and lid) that generates heat all around the cooker to ensure even heating for evenly cooked rice.
Because this rice cooker also provides you with a delay timer with 2 settings, your life will become easier as you’ll be able to set this appliance to provide you with freshly cooked rice at your own desired time.
Unlike the compact model above, this cooker offers you multiple menu settings—including sushi rice, white/mixed rice, long-grain white rice, brown rice, GABA brown rice, steel cut oatmeal, and quick cooking. This makes it one of the most versatile rice cookers available today for preparing different types of rice.
For the cleaning part, this cooker has a fully detectable inner lid with a non-stick surface to make cleaning easy-peasy for you. its exterior is clear-coated stainless steel which is also easy to clean in addition to blending well with most kitchen decors.
- Small 3-cup uncooked rice capacity
- Fold down handle for easy transportation
- Built-in retractable power cord
- Detachable and washable inner lid
- Automatic keep warm and reheating cycle
- Removable steam vent cap for mess-free high-temperature cooking
5. Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH Rice Cooker
What is your favorite rice recipe? Mixed, Jasmine white, sushi, brown, or GABA brown rice? Whatever type of rice you prefer, this rice cooker comes designed to help you prepare it to perfection with its multi-menu cooking functions.
It boasts Superior Induction Heating (IH) technology, which is a significant upgrade from the traditional heating systems. It provides you with efficiently high heat and helps you prepare flawless rice every time. Even better, the cooker is armed with a triple heating system (situated at the bottom, side, and lid) for even heat distribution and perfect cooking results.
This is the best Zojirushi rice cooker for preparing rice for your larger family because it offers you a higher capacity of 5.5-cup (uncooked rice). It is sent to you with a spatula and rice measuring cup to make it easy to use.
As we have seen in the other cookers, this model also comes with clear-coated stainless steel that blends perfectly well with any kitchen décor while making cleanup easy for you.
With the included delay timer, you can easily set when you want your rice to be done. The best part is that if you get home late (and past the set time), you’ll still enjoy your rice fresh and warm thanks to the automatic keep warm function which can go for up to 8 hours.
- Superior induction heating system
- Offers multi-menu cooking functions
- Automatic keep warm function
- Black thick spherical cooking pan
- Easy to read LCD control panel
6. Zojirushi NS-LHC05 Micom Rice Cooker
Consider replacing your old rice cooker with this brand new model from Zojirushi today and your view about rice will change. The Zojirushi NS-LHC05 Micom Rice Cooker offers you perfectly cooked through grains that are not mushy or melded together, which is impossible to attain with other cheaply designed units.
It provides you with a 3-cup uncooked rice capacity, making it suitable for small families, bachelor, or dorm room. The size of this warmer is also small enough to easily fit on your kitchen countertop without occupying a lot of space.
You’ll appreciate auto keep warm feature as it will keep your rice warm and fresh over an extended period of time (up to 36 hours) after it’s done cooking. And it won’t burn your rice no matter how long it sits inside there in the warm mode.
As it’s standard across all the other Zojirushis featured on this list, this unit will also allow you to perfectly cook different types of rice with its multi-menu cooking functions. You’ll get to use special settings for white/mixed rice, brown rice, GABA brown rice, sushi rice, jasmine white rice, and porridge. The quick cooking function is also available to let you cook your rice cooker than the normal cycle.
And the delay timer (with 2 settings) to enable you to set your cooker to get your rice cooked and ready at your own desired time. You just wash your rice, add water, set your desired time, and forget about it!
When your rice is cooked, the cooker notifies you with a sweet melody, and you know you’re in for a treat!
Overall, this Zojirushi will become your favorite appliance the first time you’ll use it. It cooks your rice so perfectly that you won’t want to think about any other cooker. The Japanese-made quality is good and will serve you an extended period of time. the compact size makes it ideal for singles, couples, and dorm rooms.
- Up to 3 uncooked rice capacity
- Easy-to-store retractable power cord
- Detachable and washable inner lid
- Multi-menu cooking settings
- Automatic keep warm function
- Removable steam vent cap
7. Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB Rice Cooker
No more eating undercooked rice, with sogginess! The Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB rice cooker has what it takes to help you perfectly cook rice every single time. You’ll instantly love this cooker for its ease of use, high dependability, and quality feel.
One of the key features that make this high-end unit great at its job is the integrated IH (induction heating) technology. This advanced heating system assures you that this cooker will never burn your rice and every grain comes out perfectly and uniformly cooked through.
What’s more, it comes equipped with the advanced fuzzy logic technology with Artificial Intelligence (AI) which adjusts the cooking cycle and sets the most precise temperature to offer you perfect cooking results.
The kicker for this premium rice cooker is the automatic pressure function which adjusts the pressure level for various rice textured. it also applies pressure at the end of the steaming function to help you burn off excess moisture and produce perfect cooking results.
The Zojirushi will perfectly cook every rice you throw at it perfectly, whether you prefer cooking white, umami, mixed, sushi, jasmine, brown, GABA brown, congee, or porridge. The automatic keep warm is a plus if you want your rice to retain a warm, fresh taste long after it’s done cooking.
Cleanup is easy too. The inner pot is non-stick to promote hassle-free cleaning. The inner lid is easily detachable and cleans easily. not to forget, the exterior clear-coated stainless steel is also hassle-free to clean.
With the kawaii-style songs playing in this Japanese made appliance whenever you start it or when it stops a cycle, you’ll agree with me that this rice cooker will be a great joy for you to use.
- Induction Heating (IH) system
- Capacity up to 5.5 cups
- Pressured cooking and steaming functioning
- Automatic selects from 3 pressure levels
- Platinum infused, non-stick inner cooking pot
- Advanced fuzzy logic technology
8. Zojirushi NS-RPC18FJ Rice Cooker
We also included this model in our Zojirushi rice cooker reviews due to its simplistic design and perfect cooking results. The rice cooking appliance features an easy-to-use single button operation which makes it incredibly easy to operate for everyone.
100% made in Japan by Zojirushi, the best rice brand available today, this rice cooker will help you cook the perfect rice every day for years and years to come. It boasts Zojirushi high-quality standards construction to make it a long-lasting investment.
The unit is designed to keep your rice warm and edible for hours and even days. The keep warm feature works without overcooking or burning your rice, placing it ahead of standard rice cookers populating the market today.
If you’re gravitating from the complex features of other rice cookers from Zojirushi, you’ll also find this appliance a perfect choice. It has an easy-to-use one-touch operation that makes it incredibly easy to use for everyone.
It is equipped with a triple heating system that ensures the heat is evenly distributed to every corner of the cooker. This helps the cooker work like a charm to provide you with perfectly cooked rice that’s fluffy, uniformly cooked and doesn’t break.
Because it is made with a non-stick coated inner pan and detachable and washable inner lid, cleaning it is a breeze for you.
- Easy one-touch operation
- Larger 10-cup rice capacity
- Easy to clean nonstick coated interior
- Hinged lid w/easy to open handle
- Detachable and washable inner lid
- Triple heater for even temperature distribution
- Automatic keep warm system
9. Zojirushi NS-WAC18-WD 10-Cup Micom Rice Cooker
This Zojirushi will help you prepare perfect rice every time without guessing. It is equipped with advanced fuzzy logic technology which lets the rice think for itself and make fine adjustments to heating time and temperature—resulting in perfectly cooked rice every time.
It has a larger capacity of up to 1.8 liters which translates to 10 cups of uncooked rice. this makes it a perfect choice for cooking for a large family or a large group of friends at a party.
Like the other units featured above, this cooker also comes with an automatic keep warm function which helps keep your rice hot and not dried for at least 2 days. It also comes with a delay timer to help you set when you want your rice to be ready.
You’ll also appreciate that the bowl cleans pretty easily and quickly, thanks to its non-stick coating.
Designed to meet different users’ needs, this cooker is also pretty versatile and will let you prepare a variety of rice recipes including white, mixed, porridge, semi-brown, and brown rice. it also offers additional cooking functions like quick-cooking and rinse-free to meet your unique needs.
A retractable power cord allows for easy storage by saving a sizeable amount of space.
Despite being a high-end rice cooking unit, this model is hassle-free to use and operate for everyone. It has a user-friendly control panel that you can easily read and operate. Accessories that come with this cooker include rice measuring cup, rinse-free rice measuring cup, spatula (non-stick), and a spatula holder.
- Up to 10 cups capacity rice cooker
- Features Fuzzy Logic technology
- User-friendly LCD control panel
- Detachable power cord
- Automatic & extended keep warm
10. Zojirushi NP-GBC05XT Rice Cooker
If you prefer your rice fluffy, sweet, and delicate, this Zojirushi is designed to give you just that. It’s the best Zojirushi rice cooker for not just cooking rice but also warming it to suit your preferences. Its 3-cup size makes it suitable for singles and smaller families who want to prepare just small amounts of rice.
This Zojirushi is made in Japan and features a great build quality capable of providing you with years and years of perfectly cooked rice. It boasts superior induction heat (HI) technology which simply relies on induction heating principles rather than the traditional heating element to heat your entire cooking pan. The result is perfectly cooked rice, with each grain coming up uniformly done.
As for the versatility, this rice cooker also offers you a variety of menu settings including, white/mixed, sushi, porridge, GABA brown, brown, rinse, and quick cooking. This means you can rely on this cooker to help you prepare just any rice recipe.
Similar to most of its siblings above, this unit will also let you set the time your rice to be ready at. And if you’re late from work, you won’t have to worry because it also has an automatic keep warm feature to ensure your food has fresh taste hours after it’s done cooking.
You’ll also get some handy accessories inside the box, including a rice measuring cup, spatula, and a spatula holder.
Whether you’re a bachelor, a small family, or simply cook less rice at a time, this compact rice cooker is a good choice for you. It has a small capacity to meet your rice cooking needs, it’s easy to use, and cleans up easily.
- Superior induction heating technology
- 3 cup rice capacity
- Detachable and washable inner lid
- Non-stick easy-clean inner pan
- Delay timer (with 2 settings)
- Automatic keep warm function
Zojirushi rice cooker comparison:
|Cooking system||Uncooked rice capacity||Automatic keep warm||Reheating cycle||Multi-menu settings|
|Zojirushi NS-TSC10||fuzzy logic||5-1/2-Cup||YES||YES||YES|
|Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup||Neuro Fuzzy logic||5.5-Cup||YES||YES||YES|
|Zojirushi NHS-06 3-Cup||Conventional||3-Cup||YES||NO||NO|
|Zojirushi NP-HCC10XH||induction heating (IH) + Micom||5.5 cups||YES||NO||YES|
|Zojirushi NS-LHC05||Micom||3 Cup||YES||YES||YES|
|Zojirushi NP-NWC10XB||Induction Heating + Neuro fuzzy logic||5.5 Cup||YES||YES||YES|
|Zojirushi NS-RPC18FJ||Convectional||10 Cups||YES||NO||NO|
|Zojirushi NP-GBC05XT||induction heating + Micom||3 cups||YES||NO||YES|
Zojirushi rice cooker Micom vs neuro fuzzy
When shopping around for the best Zojirushi rice cooker, you’ll come across all new terms like Micom and Neuro-Fuzzy which can become quite confusing to you if you’re new to these cookers.
These are simply technologies embedded by nourish on their rice cookers to make them more efficient at rice cooking.
So, what exactly do they relate to the Japanese rice cookers and how do they compare to each other?
Let’s find out…
Micom rice cooker
Micom means Micro Computer. All cookers from this Japanese brand with Micom means they come integrated with a microcomputer chip that helps control the temperature and the cooking time for perfect cooking results.
However, keep in mind that Micom technology isn’t specific to the Zojirushi brand and originated around the 1980s to make rice cooking more convenient for you.
A typical Zojirushi Micom rice cooker comes equipped with thermal sensors which consistently monitor the temperature within your rice cooker and easily interpret any alterations in the cooking time. This enables them to adjust the unit temperature accordingly, assuring you of perfect cooking results every time.
The Micom technology is convenient in the sense that you don’t have to keep monitoring your unit for it to offer you quality cooked rice. You can just leave it to cook on its own.
Key benefits of Micom rice cookers:
- Automated rice cooking: Another cool thing about a Micom rice cooker is that it comes with automatic programming for incorporating the soaking and steaming phases. This helps eliminate the hassle of having to reprogram your unit for different heating and cooking phases.
- Versatility: they’re also pretty versatile and support different menu settings for white rice, brown rice, and sweet rice. They also have quick cook, steam, and rinse-free cooking capabilities.
- Best for brown rice: Pro chefs dearly love the Micom rice cookers for their efficiency at perfectly cooking brown rice—which is usually hard to achieve with conventional rice cookers!
Drawbacks of Micom rice cookers:
- Price: Micom rice cookers usually hang at the higher of the price spectrum compared to the conventional rice cookers. While you can get a standard rice cooker for as low as 20 bucks, you should expect to spend up to $100 for a decent Micom unit.
- Inferior to the latest technologies: unfortunately, Micom isn’t the in-thing in the world of rice cookers. since its popularization in the 1980s, other technologies that are better than it has sprouted. induction heating (IH), in particular, is better than Micom.
Neuro Fuzzy rice cooker
Neuro-Fuzzy logic is a more advanced technology that allows your rice cooker to “think” for itself and make precise adjustments to heating time and temperature to ensure it produces perfect rice every time.
This special tech was first popularized by the Zojirushi rice cookers. The brand first coined the name “Neuro-Fuzzy.”
For starters, fuzzy logic is a way to program a machine so that it looks at the world more humanly. It gives a machine the capability of working smoothly on its own. You can find more about fuzzy logic technology here.
The AI (artificial intelligence) capability makes neuro fuzzy rice cookers mimic human reasoning. That said, this technology is more accurate at considering various factors for better cooking results, including the grain variety, heat index, air, cooking tasks, and so on.
As long as you use the correct level of water for the kind of rice you’re cooking, Zojirushi neuro-fuzzy units will be able to adjust to different conditions on their own, automating the whole rice cooking process for you.
Benefits of neuro fuzzy rice cookers include:
- full customized rice cooking: one of the joys of using these cookers is that they use their mathematical programming to make precise adjustments to cooking time and temperature depending on the program you select. This means you get perfectly cooked rice every time, with no guesswork.
- high versatility: just like Micom rice cookers, neuro fuzzy units can also cook various types of rice including regular white rice, sweet rice, jasmine rice, and brown rice. They also offer normal and quick cook cycles.
- Reheat features: most of the Zojirushi units with fuzzy logic tech also offer you the reheat feature which is rare in traditional models.
Drawbacks of neuro fuzzy rice cookers:
- pricey: if Micom units are expensive and the technology is inferior to fuzzy logic, you can easily guess that the neuro fuzzy cookers come at an even higher cost. They’ll cost you double or triple the price of standard rice cookers.
- not the most superior rice cookers available: the neuro fuzzy cookers might rank above Micom but there are more advanced rice cooking technologies available such as induction heating (IH).
How to cook quinoa in Zojirushi rice cooker?
As we have seen in our Zojirushi rice cooker reviews, these rice cookers can do more than just cook standard white rice. They come with multi-menu settings that enable them to perfectly cook different food types, including quinoa.
Let’s find out how you can cook quinoa in your Zojirushi rice cooker.
PS: This recipe will focus on making a basic quinoa dish using a basic Zojirushi rice cooker. We’ll use a cup of quinoa, enough for 4 servings.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 ¾ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
1. Put 1 cup quinoa into a sieve or fine mesh strainer and hold it under cold running water and rinse it as you use your hands to swish it around. This step is crucial before cooking quinoa to help remove the grain bitter covering.
2. Scoop the rinsed quinoa into your Zojirushi rice cooker and add 1 ¾ cup of cold water. Then, stir in ½ teaspoon of salt to flavor your quinoa during cooking.
3. Now out your rice cooker lid on and press the ON button to turn it on. Assuming your rice cooker is multi-menu setting, you should choose the white rice setting for quinoa as both quinoa and rice take approx. 15 minutes to cook fully.
Avoid lifting the cooker lid during the cooking process to prevent moisture from escaping which can affect how properly your cooker will steam the quinoa.
4. When it is done cooking, turn off your cooker and unplug. But keep the lid for approx. 3-5 minutes to give it time to finish steaming. lift the lid and gently fluff the quinoa with a fork. This will help loosen any grains stuck together to give your cooked quinoa a lighter texture.
5. Your quinoa is ready for serving! You can serve your cooked quinoa in place of rice in your meals. You can also incorporate it into dishes and other sides. Be sure to store any leftover quinoa into an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator for not more than 5 days.
How to use Zojirushi rice cooker
Using Zojirushi rice cooker is easy pie! The cookers come with some of the coolest features that make rice cooking rice as easy as adding it to the cooker, adding water, turning on the machine, and forgetting about it.
No need to keep monitoring or worrying that your rice may not come out perfectly!
These cookers even come with the accessories you need to use them like a spatula and rice measuring cup!
In this section, we’ll show you how to use your brand new Zojirushi rice cooker in 5 easy steps.
- White rice (short or medium grain)
1. Measuring the rice accurately
Using the measuring cup that came with your Zojirushi rice cooker, measure the amount of rice you need for your rice recipe. To use your cup accurately, make sure you fill it above the brim and then level it off. Pour the rice into an empty cooking pan. Repeat the process if your recipe requires more than 1 cup of white rice.
2. Rinse the rice under cold water
The next step is to rinse the rice under cold water until it runs clear. be sure to run the grains between your palms gently and drain to rinse correctly. Avoid using hot water for this step as it can give your grains a gummy texture.
3. Add the correct amount of water
Now that your rice is rinsed and ready for cooking, it’s time to add water. The correct amount of water will depend on how much rice you’re cooking. For instance, if you’re cooking 3 cups of rice, then you should add 3 cups of water.
You should also ensure all the grains are submerged in the water and the rice surface is flat and level before you begin cooking. this is key to ensuring evenly cooked rice.
4. Start the rice cooker
Wipe off any excess water off the exterior of your unit’s inner cooking pan and then place it in the rice cooker. Select the “White Rice” menu setting and press the “START” button.
5. Let the rice cook
Leave the cook to take your rice through the cooking journey. When the rice is done, allow it to sit for approx. 15 minutes. If you have a Micom rice cooker, however, this stage is done automatically and you won’t have to wait for 15 minutes.
Finally, open your rice cooker and use the non-stick spatula that comes with the cooker to fluff and serve your perfectly cooked white rice.
1. What is so special about Zojirushi rice cooker?
Zojirushi is a special rice cooker brand because they infuse their products with unique and innovative technologies aimed at providing you with an easy rice cooking experience, unlike conventional cookers. Other features that set them apart from other brands include high versatility, large capacity, and the ability to support a variety of cooking options. They also have a great build quality and will serve you for years.
2. Is Tiger or Zojirushi rice cooker better?
Both Tiger and Zojirushi brands are top brands favored by rice lovers. You can rest assured you’ll get atop-quality unit whichever brand you choose. The best brand to choose will ultimately come down to your unique needs.
3. Why is Zojirushi so expensive?
Zojirushi is an expensive brand because they use quality materials for their products to ensure they last a lifetime. They also infused high-end technologies and advanced features into their rice cookers which make them perform way better than traditional rice cookers.
4. Does Zojirushi use Teflon?
Yes, Zojirushi uses Teflon (PTFE) to achieve non-stick coating on their rice cookers. However, they recently introduced SlickSteel® interior finish and electro-polished interior coating for users who want to avoid Teflon.
5. Are Zojirushi rice cookers made in Japan?
Not all Zojirushi rice cookers are made in Japan. Those made in Japan are of the best quality and will serve your needs for quality rice quite well. There are Zojirushi products made in China. These are mainly made for export purposes and though they might offer you decent performance, they won’t come close to the ones made in Japan.
6. Is Zojirushi a good brand?
Zojirushi is a trusted brand for rice cookers. They produce some of the most advanced units that take the guesswork out of rice cooking to offer the best quality rice.
7. Is Zojirushi worth the money?
Zojirushi is totally worth the money because they use strict quality standards to manufacturer their products, enabling them to stand the test of time. They also offer excellent performance and won’t disappoint you. Though they’re a bit higher priced, the money you spend on them is worth it.
8. How to clean Zojirushi rice cooker?
Cleaning your Zojirushi rice cooker is a breeze because it comes with a non-stick interior and a clear-coated exterior for easy cleaning.
- This is how you clean your Zojirushi rice cooker:
- Take the pot and clean it with warm soapy water
- Remove the inner lid and wash it with warm soapy water, just like the pot
- Gently wipe the interior with a damp cloth
- Now wipe the exterior with the same damp cloth
- Finally, remove the moisture collector and steam vent and clean them, though a simple rinse will work in most cases.
9. How long does Zojirushi rice cooker take
It depends on the quantity and type of rice you’re cooking (check your user manual for more info). However, the advanced units come with a quick-cook setting to reduce the cooking time by up to 20 minutes.
10. How to reheat rice in Zojirushi rice cooker?
To reheat rice in Zojirushi rice cooker, simply add some water, press the “Start Reheat” button, and leave it for approx. 7-9 minutes.
11. How to reset Zojirushi rice cooker
if your Zojirushi rice is presenting you with some problems, you can try resetting it to see if the underlying issue goes away. This is how you reset your rice cooker:
- Plug it into the power source
- Press and hold the cancel button for up to 5 seconds
- Make sure all the lights in the unit are OFF and then press the Start button
NOTE: that simply unplugging the power cord won’t reset your unit.
Also, be sure to consult your user manual for more info on how to restart your specific rice cooker unit.
Zojirushi rice cookers have been crowned as some of the best rice cooking machines you can find on the market today. They have an extensive range of units with varying features and capabilities to suit your specific rice cooking needs. Having discussed the highly rated units from Zojirushi in this guide, we have no doubt that you’re now better prepared to pick the perfect Zojirushi for your rice cooking needs. Go through our Zojirushi rice cooker reviews, compare them, and pick the best rice cooker that suits your unique needs, and start cooking restaurant-level rice today!